RMP/5142 Analysis of Policy Instruments for Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Agriculture, Forestry and Land Management
Project report that identifies policy instruments that could lead to the abatement of GHG emissions in the sector in England.
Year of Publication2009
The aims of the project were:- to identify the most cost-effective package of policy instruments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the agriculture, forestry and land management sector in England, within an overall UK context;- to provide practical recommendations on how this package of instruments should be implemented.The project work included three key aspects; a review of mitigation methods, the selection of policy instruments and an evaluation of abatement potential and costs for these.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy > Biomass & biofuel
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > GHG Reduction
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Climate change
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy
The UK government department responsible for policy and regulations on the environment, food and rural affairs.Website
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.