1475: Upland deep peat soils
This paper is taken from a section in the ‘Statistical Digest of the English Uplands 2011’
Year of Publication2012
Around 320,000 hectares of deep peat soils are located in Less Favoured Areas - approximately half of deep peat soils in England. Almost 30% of them have been burned or drained to improve land for livestock grazing. 10% of them are deteriorating.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > Carbon Capture & Storage
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Wildlife & biodiversity
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Landscape
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Wastes management & pollution control
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > GHG Reduction
RuSource Briefings is a free rural information service for anyone working in the countrysideWebsite
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.