2050 Pathways Analysis
DECC report presenting a framework through which to consider some of the choices and trade-offs which will have to made in the creation of a low carbon economy.
Year of Publication2010
This report describes six different illustrative pathways to show the varied routes to meet the UK's commitment to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by at least 80% by 2050 - ranging from a pathway that requires significant effort across all sectors to pathways with only a minimal contribution from particular sectors, such as renewables, bioenergy, nuclear or carbon capture and storage, and a pathway with less action on energy efficiency.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > Carbon Capture & Storage
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > Economic development
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > UK rural policy
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > GHG Reduction
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > Fossil Fuel Substitution
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.