Hooked on grass
Presentation of a case study as an illustration of the benefits of grazed grass for dairy cow welfare and the properties of the milk produced by the grazing animal.
Year of Publication2009
Grazed grass is a great asset. It is often under-utilized and making better use of this crop which grows well in the UK could improve the country’s self-sufficiency for food at a time of rapid world population growth and new uses being found for arable land.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy
- Subject Collection > Food & drink
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Grassland management
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Animal health & welfare
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Dairy production
- Subject Collection > Food & drink > Milk & dairy products
Working for the future of farming and rural life.Website
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.