Local and regional food
An increasing desire for greater awareness of the origins, freshness and traceability of the food and drink which we buy has resulted in consumer appreciation of food miles and the purchasing of more and more local and regional produce. This offers a unique opportunity to food and drink retailers, and there is a growing body of research available on consumer perceptions of local and regional food, where they like to buy it and why they buy it.
Materials in the Openfields library seeks to inform and educate producers and retailers in what consumers are seeking, how they can go about addressing the issues that currently restrict the purchase of locally and regionally sourced produce, and how multiples, convenience stores and independent retailers may make the most of the opportunity which this consumer demand offers.
A sample of Items held in the Local and regional food category
- 1351: Yorkshire Dales Local Food Map
- 1531: Local Food Webs
- Changes in the pre-fermentation static washing regime of Kalamata olives affects the fermentation profile.
- 1213: Future of food and farming
- 225: The local and regional food opportunity
- 1558: Green Food Project Conclusions
- 1038: Local food and climate change
- 1707: Mainstreaming sustainable food
- 027: The UK food market and local food
- 746: Regional food: opportunities with supermarkets
There are currently no subcategories in the Local and regional food section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.