Profiting from Precision technology
A short film on precision farming (also known as smart technology or precision technology) as a way to gain efficiency savings on your farm.
Year of Publication2009
One of a series of stories about how farmers and land managers are turning climate change impacts to their advantage. Farming Futures worked with Peter Kendall, NFU president and arable farmer, to create this short film on his farm where he talks about the benfits he's seen from investing in GPS systems.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment
- Subject Collection > Equipment > Agricultural equipment
- Subject Collection > Information technologies
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops
- Subject Collection > Equipment > Operation
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Climate change
- Subject Collection > Equipment
Additional keywords/tagssmart techprecision technologyprecision farmingnfuclimate changearable farmingagriculture
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.