1544: Agricultural engineering future
This paper is summarised from ‘Agricultural Engineering: a key discipline enabling agriculture to deliver global food security’, a status report developed by the IAgrE in response to the UK Government’s Foresight Report: The Future of Food and Farming.
Year of Publication2012
The contribution of engineering needs to be more widely recognised in meeting societal changes, in global food security and in contributing to economic growth. The first challenge is to develop the important opportunities for education research and training in engineering for agriculture. The there need to be a research theme or platform for ‘engineering for agriculture’ that can compete on equal terms with other research communities.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > UK rural policy
- Subject Collection > Equipment > Design, innovation & technologies
- Subject Collection > Equipment > Agricultural equipment
- Subject Collection > Business > Farm management
- Subject Collection > Training & skills
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.