A video overview of the Dairy Technology 2010 event, which brought together more than 90 exhibitors and 1,000 visitors on the site of the new dairy unit at Harper Adams University College.
Year of Publication2010
Visitors were able to attend demonstrations and seminars on subjects including foot trimming, cow tracks, cow signals, soil quality, grazing welfare implications, herd activity monitoring, developments in mineral nutrition and rationing to reduce methane output. The Harper Adams Dairy Unit first opened its gates to exhibitors and visitors in September 2009, when the site was formally opened by DairyCo Chairman Tim Bennett. The thirst for knowledge then was such that the University College and partner Fusion Events pushed ahead to plan the Dairy Technology Day, which will hopefully to become an annual event.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Equipment > Agricultural equipment
- Subject Collection > Equipment > Operation
- Subject Collection > Equipment
- Subject Collection > Training & skills
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Dairy production
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy
- Subject Collection > Information technologies
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.