There is a vast range of technical equipment used for modern agricultural operations and also some hobbyist and preservation interests in vintage agricultural tools and machinery. In both cases, there is a need for safety in its operation and for schedules of repair, preventive maintenance, development and improvement.
The land-based industries make significant use of agricultural contractors, and several UK regions have active machinery rings which provide for co-operative efficiencies in the usage of specialist plant and equipment.
The Openfields library holds materials related to the use, development and operational practices for agricultural equipment.
A sample of Items held in the Agricultural equipment category
- Validation of a decontamination method for arable crop sprayers following use with the sulfonyl urea herbicide amidosulfuron
- The control of tractor 3 point linkage control systems
- Evaluation of the Contact Pressure Distribution of a Rear Combine Tyre on a Hard Surface
- Materials selection for agricultural spray nozzles
- Fatty acids and the flavour of cheddar cheese
- 1632: AgriChatUK - "Crime in the countryside" discussion 08/11/12
- Direct and indirect energy audit in arable crop production and mitigation possibilities
- Precision Farming Glossary
- Machine-readable encoding for definitions of data required to assess compliance to agr. management and crop production standards.
- System description of proposed Farm Management Information System (FMIS).
There are currently no subcategories in the Agricultural equipment section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.