There is a vast range of technical equipment used for modern agricultural operations and also some hobbyist and preservation interests in vintage agricultural tools and machinery. In both cases, there is a need for safety in its operation and for schedules of repair, preventive maintenance, development and improvement.
The land-based industries make significant use of agricultural contractors, and several UK regions have active machinery rings which provide for co-operative efficiencies in the usage of specialist plant and equipment.
The Openfields library holds materials related to the use, development and operational practices for agricultural equipment.
A sample of Items held in the Agricultural equipment category
- Innovations at the Harper Adams Dairy Unit: Lely Juno feed pusher robot
- The Effect of Axle Load and Tyre Inflation Pressure on the Tractive Performance of a Two Wheel Drive Tractor on Soft Clay Paddy Field
- Papers from the 9th European Conference of the ISTVS
- A web-portal to exchange knowledge for extension services and to illustrate the FMIS technologies for EU-farmers, to distribute prototypes of FMIS services
- Meet some engineering students
- A computational fluid dynamics study of air mixing in a naturally ventilated livestock building with different porous eave opening conditions.
- Machine-readable encoding for definitions of Management Strategies
- 1632: AgriChatUK - "Crime in the countryside" discussion 08/11/12
- Socioeconomic impact of widespread adoption of precision farming and controlled traffic systems.
- Electronic knowledge management and transfer for agriculture.
There are currently no subcategories in the Agricultural equipment section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.