There is a vast range of technical equipment used for modern agricultural operations and also some hobbyist and preservation interests in vintage agricultural tools and machinery. In both cases, there is a need for safety in its operation and for schedules of repair, preventive maintenance, development and improvement.
The land-based industries make significant use of agricultural contractors, and several UK regions have active machinery rings which provide for co-operative efficiencies in the usage of specialist plant and equipment.
The Openfields library holds materials related to the use, development and operational practices for agricultural equipment.
A sample of Items held in the Agricultural equipment category
- Soil contact pressure resulting from loaded agricultural tyres
- Briefing 1667: Where might science, technology and our understanding take us?
- Improving the representation of thermal boundary conditions of livestock during CFD modelling of the indoor environment.
- Designing an off road buggy
- The role of yield maps in Precision Farming
- The prediction of the force and energy requirements to fill soil engaging buckets.
- Specification of material and information flow
- Improvements to the Tractive Efficiency of Agricultural Tractors Carrying out Cultivations
- Protocols and links for procedures deducing the necessary links with PF-techniques from farming processes into the value added chain in the production of foods, feed, fibres and fuels with crops.
- FutureFarm consortium’s vision of the European agriculture in the future and recommendations on the adoption of knowledge management in European agriculture.
There are currently no subcategories in the Agricultural equipment section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.