There is a vast range of technical equipment used for modern agricultural operations and also some hobbyist and preservation interests in vintage agricultural tools and machinery. In both cases, there is a need for safety in its operation and for schedules of repair, preventive maintenance, development and improvement.
The land-based industries make significant use of agricultural contractors, and several UK regions have active machinery rings which provide for co-operative efficiencies in the usage of specialist plant and equipment.
The Openfields library holds materials related to the use, development and operational practices for agricultural equipment.
A sample of Items held in the Agricultural equipment category
- The use of Controller Area Network (CAN) in agricultural and off-highway machinery
- Evaluation of the Contact Pressure Distribution of a Rear Combine Tyre on a Hard Surface
- Papers from the 9th European Conference of the ISTVS
- Compliance to standards specifications
- Meet some engineering students
- Optimising the ventilation configuration of naturally ventilated livestock buildings for improved indoor environmental homogeneity.
- Machine-readable encoding for definitions of Management Strategies
- Briefing 1667: Where might science, technology and our understanding take us?
- Socioeconomic impact of widespread adoption of precision farming and controlled traffic systems.
- Electronic knowledge management and transfer for agriculture.
There are currently no subcategories in the Agricultural equipment section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.