There is a vast range of technical equipment used for modern agricultural operations and also some hobbyist and preservation interests in vintage agricultural tools and machinery. In both cases, there is a need for safety in its operation and for schedules of repair, preventive maintenance, development and improvement.
The land-based industries make significant use of agricultural contractors, and several UK regions have active machinery rings which provide for co-operative efficiencies in the usage of specialist plant and equipment.
The Openfields library holds materials related to the use, development and operational practices for agricultural equipment.
A sample of Items held in the Agricultural equipment category
- Precision Farming Solution Case Study No. 8: In-field Accuracy
- The Current Status of Soil and Water Management in England
- Monitoring gases from pig buildings: development of a multi-channel monitor (Phase 2)
- Soil and Water Volume 14 No. 4
- First Periodic Report for FutureFarm (2008)
- Preliminary report on optimized fleet management to reduce energy consumption and costs-Rep.2: Assessment of Potential Savings"
- 1920: AgriChatUK, Rural Crime, 30th January 2014
- Improvements to the Tractive Efficiency of Agricultural Tractors Carrying out Cultivations
- Techniques for estimating contact pressure resulting from loaded agricultural tyres
- Robot Challenge
There are currently no subcategories in the Agricultural equipment section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.