There is a vast range of technical equipment used for modern agricultural operations and also some hobbyist and preservation interests in vintage agricultural tools and machinery. In both cases, there is a need for safety in its operation and for schedules of repair, preventive maintenance, development and improvement.
The land-based industries make significant use of agricultural contractors, and several UK regions have active machinery rings which provide for co-operative efficiencies in the usage of specialist plant and equipment.
The Openfields library holds materials related to the use, development and operational practices for agricultural equipment.
A sample of Items held in the Agricultural equipment category
- Cost effective slurry spreading
- Preliminary report on knowledge and information to be encoded.
- Environmental impact with environmental indicators - with precision farming and controlled traffic systems
- A case study of brand impact in the UK tractor market
- Functional requirements of the derived information system.
- Soil and Water Volume 14 No. 1
- The use of Controller Area Network (CAN) in agricultural and off-highway machinery
- The Design of Beef Cattle Housing, Report of the CIGR Section II Working Group N° 14 Cattle Housing
- Final report and documentation specifications of FMIS
- Report on cost structure and economic profitability of selected precision farming systems
There are currently no subcategories in the Agricultural equipment section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.