Equine law: rating of equestrian property
A summary of the issues relating to the business rating of equestrian property.
Year of Publication2010
The business rating of equestrian property can be a ‘grey area’ because it is often so closely associated with agricultural or domestic uses of land and buildings. A domestic property is subject to Council Tax whereas other properties are covered by business rates. Agricultural exemption from business rates may apply. The methodology used to assess the rateable value of an equestrian property is outlined.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Business > Business start-up
- Subject Collection > Equine
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > UK rural policy
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > Economic development
- Subject Collection > Tourism & recreation > Tourism business development
Additional keywords/tagshorse lawequestrian law
Supporting the development of the national rural economy.Website
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.