Equine law: grazing issues
A summary of some horse grazing issues which have legal implications.
Year of Publication2010
Grazing arrangements between horse owners and landowners can be too informal. A simple written agreement is recommended. Land managers need to be aware of the Control of Ragwort Act 2003. Various legislation governs the use of muck heaps. Straying of horses onto other land or onto the roads has the potential for liability.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Tourism & recreation > Outdoor recreation
- Subject Collection > Tourism & recreation > Field sports, hunting & fishing
- Subject Collection > Tourism & recreation > Tourism business development
- Subject Collection > Equine > Equine ancillary services
- Subject Collection > Equine > Equine health & care
Additional keywords/tagspony paddockskeeping horses and ponies at grassequine law
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.