1519: Pesticide statistics
This paper is taken from the first section of “Pesticides in the UK” The Pesticide Forum’s 2011 report on the impacts and sustainable use of pesticides
Year of Publication2012
Withdrawal of some pesticides from the market was a main factor in a 40% reduction of herbicide use on cereals between 2008 and 2010. The National Sprayer Testing Scheme covers 87% of the UK sprayed area and 85% of the sprayed area is treated by operators with NRoSO certification. There are 4,500 BASIS qualified pesticide professionals. The area covered by Crop Protection Management Plans has decreased by about 13% largely due to their withdrawal as point scoring options in Environmental Stewardship. In England about 4.5% of farm inspections found breaches of legislation sufficient to justify reduced SFP payments.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy > Animal health & welfare
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Wildlife & biodiversity
- Subject Collection > Business
- Subject Collection > Business > Farm management
RuSource Briefings is a free rural information service for anyone working in the countrysideWebsite
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.