Wastes management and pollution control
The Openfields library holds materials on wastes management and pollution control for the land-based industries. This includes strategic planning, research, regulatory guidance and requirements.
Areas of particular relevance to the land-based industries include:
- waste management strategy
- waste management legislation
- reuse and recycling of materials
- regulation of emissions
- evaluation of health impacts
- waste to energy, composting and anaerobic digestion, gasification and pyrolysis
A sample of Items held in the Wastes management and pollution control category
- On-Farm Composting
- How effective are slurry storage, cover or catch crops, woodland creation, controlled trafficking or break-up of compacted layers, and buffer strips as on-farm mitigation measures for delivering an improved water environment?
- 1720: Open Farm Sunday
- Nitrates Action Programme: Impacts on Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Diffuse Nitrogen Pollution
- Focus on: farm anaerobic digestion
- 1995: Refuelling the countryside
- 1285: Farming Regulation Task Force
- 2176: Neonicotinoid evidence still clear as mud
- 1099: Shaping the Nature of England
- Reduction of Cr (VI) by immobilised cells of Desulfovibrio vulgaris NCIMB 8303 and Microbacterium sp NCIMB 13776
There are currently no subcategories in the Wastes management and pollution control section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.