The Carbon Plan: Delivering our low carbon future
H M Government's plan setting out how the UK will achieve decarbonisation within the framework of its energy policy.
Year of Publication2011
A plan which sets out how the UK will achieve decarbonisation within the framework of its energy policy: to make the transition to a low carbon economy while maintaining energy security, and minimising costs to consumers, particularly those in poorer households. The document is organised as follows:ForewordExecutive summaryPart 1: The Government’s approach to energy and climate changeIntroductionOur principlesThe vision for 20502050 futuresPlanning for the futurePart 2: Our strategy to achieve carbon budgetsAchieving carbon budgetsBuildingsTransportIndustrySecure, low carbon electricityAgriculture, forestry and land managementWaste and resource efficiencyWorking with the EU and Devolved AdministrationsPart 3: Delivering the fourth carbon budgetScenarios to deliver the fourth carbon budgetDelivering non-traded sector emissions reductionsDelivering traded sector emissions reductionsConsiderations for achieving the fourth carbon budgetManaging our performanceAnnexesA 2050 analytical annexB Carbon budgets analytical annexC Carbon Plan action summary
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Climate change
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > Carbon Capture & Storage
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Wastes management & pollution control
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > Fossil Fuel Substitution
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > GHG Reduction
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Managing land for environmental benefit
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.