Ancient Woods: A guide for woodland owners and managers
A guide that provides the basic tools needed to get started on identifying ancient woodland features and gives advice on protecting them.
Year of Publication2009
This guide is aimed at people who own or manage land on which there are woods and trees. It provides the basic tools needed to get started on identifying ancient woodland features and gives advice on protecting them.It is not a detailed or prescriptive manual; getting this sort of work right depends on being responsive to sitespecific knowledge, conditions and circumstances. The guide also provides guidance on combining the protection of ancient woodland features with other management objectives and activities.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Wildlife & biodiversity
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Landscape
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber > Amenity woodland
Additional keywords/tagsdeadwoodhuman tracesold treeswoodland plantswoodland soils
Conservation charity dedicated to the protection of our native woodland heritageWebsite
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.