The creation of small woodlands on farms
Guidance describing the benefits of creating new small woodlands as assets for farms.
Year of Publication2006
Small woodlands, woodland features and even individual trees can be an asset on any farm. This guidance describes the benefits of creating new small woodlands, where they can best be sited and offers some advice on planning, layout and species. It focuses on small woodlands of a few hectares in size, say no bigger than five hectares.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Tourism & recreation > Field sports, hunting & fishing
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy
- Subject Collection > Trees & timber
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Landscape
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Wildlife & biodiversity
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy > Biomass & biofuel
Protecting and expanding Britain's forests and woodlands to increase their value to society and the environment.Website
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.