Focus on: Precision technology
Factsheet 24 is an account of how precision technology - the use of electronic equipment to improve the precision of farming operations - can be part of the climate change solution.
Year of Publication2008
Precision technology involves the use of electronic equipment to improve the precision of farming operations. This in turn can help to optimise the use of many of a farm’s resources and inputs. Such optimisation leads to a reduction in fuel, fertiliser and energy use and an improvement in soil structure and the efficiency of water use.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Information technologies
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Climate change
- Subject Collection > Equipment > Agricultural equipment
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops
- Subject Collection > Soils & water > Soil management
Additional keywords/tagsglobal positioning systemsprecision farming
Providing inspiration and information on how to prepare your business for the impacts, opportunities, risks and responsibilities that climate change brings.Website
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.