Farm diversification: considering the options
An overview of some pointers to consider before embarking on a new farm diversification enterprise.
Year of Publication2009
Farm diversification is a way of generating income in addition to that from traditional farming activities. Examples of various categories and types of farm diversification are provided. The importance of assessing the available resources is outlined, highlighting land, buildings, location, capital and human resources.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Business > Business start-up
- Subject Collection > Business
- Subject Collection > Business > Marketing & product development
- Subject Collection > Tourism & recreation > Outdoor recreation
- Subject Collection > Tourism & recreation > Tourism business development
- Subject Collection > Food & drink
Supporting the development of the national rural economy.Website
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.