Preliminary report on optimized fleet management to reduce energy consumption and costs-Rep.2: Assessment of Potential Savings"
A assessment of the energy and cost savings that could be achieved when farming operations are performed by a fleet of machines.
Year of Publication2010
This report presents an assessment of the energy and cost savings that could be achieved when farming operations (e.g., fertilising, grain harvesting) are performed by many machines (fleet) operated in an optimal way, as opposed to the standard operation of current agricultural practice. The assessment will be based on available state of the art algorithms which model, optimise and simulate the execution of agricultural operations at the farm level.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Information technologies
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment
- Subject Collection > Business > Farm management
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > GHG Reduction
- Subject Collection > Equipment > Agricultural equipment
- Subject Collection > Equipment > Operation
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops
Additional keywords/tagsffd6 3 2farm management information systemfleet management
A European project with aims to meet the challenges of the farm of tomorrow by integrating Farm Management Information Systems to support real-time management decisions and compliance to standards.Website
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.