980: Agricultural support
This summary of UK agricultural support arrangements is taken from HSBC Agriculture’s annual booklet ‘Forward planning 2010’.
Year of Publication2010
This concise summary of agricultural support includes a brief history. Pillar 1 of the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy covers direct aid to farmers through the Single Payment Scheme and Market support. Pillar 2, which is growing in importance, supports four Axes of Rural Development Programmes focussed around competitiveness, land management, diversification and local partnership programmes under LEADER schemes
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > UK rural policy
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development > European rural policy
- Subject Collection > Rural policy & development
- Subject Collection > Business
- Subject Collection > Business > Economics & Finance
RuSource Briefings is a free rural information service for anyone working in the countrysideWebsite
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.