The OpenFields library holds resources which may help rural business professionals to address rural-sector business issues such as:
- Business startup- validating, assessing and developing ideas or business concepts and their commercial potential; investigating options for funding.
- Co-operation- cooperatives, collaboratives and the principles of working collectively.
- Marketing and productivity - identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer requirements profitably.
- Economics and finance - responsibility for the economic and financial well-being of a company involves knowledge of the theoretical and applied aspects of business economics, corporate finance, and financial risk management, at least with a UK perspective, and possibly European or international.
In the case of rural business enterprises, many of these issues are exacerbated by some aspect of the rural location, operation or delivery.
OpenFields brings together authoritative information on business topics, from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Business category
- 1424: Uplands statistics - accessibility
- Development of local and regional food networks: Cases from the UK
- OpenFields – an innovative national on-line ‘landbased library’ service for the rural sector
- Your business processes should run like a well oiled machine
- Farming and Care across Europe
- 1668: Farming’s value to society
- Value analysis, creation and delivery in food and agriculture business-to-business marketing and purchasing
- Crisis brand management in emerging markets – Insight from the Chinese infant milk powder scandal
- The importance of farm business records
- Positioning the farm business to deal with risk.
Subcategories within Business
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.