The OpenFields library holds resources which may help rural business professionals to address rural-sector business issues such as:
- Business startup- validating, assessing and developing ideas or business concepts and their commercial potential; investigating options for funding.
- Co-operation- cooperatives, collaboratives and the principles of working collectively.
- Marketing and productivity - identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer requirements profitably.
- Economics and finance - responsibility for the economic and financial well-being of a company involves knowledge of the theoretical and applied aspects of business economics, corporate finance, and financial risk management, at least with a UK perspective, and possibly European or international.
In the case of rural business enterprises, many of these issues are exacerbated by some aspect of the rural location, operation or delivery.
OpenFields brings together authoritative information on business topics, from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Business category
- Traceability as part of competitive strategy in the fruit supply chain
- Rural female entrepreneurs: rational choices and socio-economic development
- Business Education, Aesthetics and the Rule of Law: Cultivating the Moral Manager.
- Farrington’s Farm Shop
- Easy guide 893: Why farming matters more than ever – the economics
- 05. Climate impacts: taking action in the face of uncertainty
- 1103: State of the countryside - enterprise and entrepreneurship
- 2278: Broadband connectivity
- Positioning the farm business to deal with risk.
- Corporate Agriculture - Hollow Men
Subcategories within Business
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.