The OpenFields library holds resources which may help rural business professionals to address rural-sector business issues such as:
- Business startup- validating, assessing and developing ideas or business concepts and their commercial potential; investigating options for funding.
- Co-operation- cooperatives, collaboratives and the principles of working collectively.
- Marketing and productivity - identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer requirements profitably.
- Economics and finance - responsibility for the economic and financial well-being of a company involves knowledge of the theoretical and applied aspects of business economics, corporate finance, and financial risk management, at least with a UK perspective, and possibly European or international.
In the case of rural business enterprises, many of these issues are exacerbated by some aspect of the rural location, operation or delivery.
OpenFields brings together authoritative information on business topics, from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Business category
- 1886: Future fertiliser nitrogen
- 899: A sustainable Post Office
- 1338: Andersons Agribrief Bulletin – July 2011
- Development of local and regional food networks: Cases from the UK
- Corporate Agriculture - Hollow Men
- So, why do things go wrong? (….leading to some tips for successful project management)
- Consumer attitudes to Local Food and Drink
- Risk management for the farm business: types of risk
- Increasing retail concentration
- Relationships, networks, and interactions in food and agriculture business-to-business marketing and purchasing
Subcategories within Business
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.