The OpenFields library holds resources which may help rural business professionals to address rural-sector business issues such as:
- Business startup- validating, assessing and developing ideas or business concepts and their commercial potential; investigating options for funding.
- Co-operation- cooperatives, collaboratives and the principles of working collectively.
- Marketing and productivity - identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer requirements profitably.
- Economics and finance - responsibility for the economic and financial well-being of a company involves knowledge of the theoretical and applied aspects of business economics, corporate finance, and financial risk management, at least with a UK perspective, and possibly European or international.
In the case of rural business enterprises, many of these issues are exacerbated by some aspect of the rural location, operation or delivery.
OpenFields brings together authoritative information on business topics, from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Business category
- 1338: Andersons Agribrief Bulletin – July 2011
- “Rural chartered surveyors and their advisers' procurement of smaller contracts especially using JCT 2005 construction contracts minor works, the new maintenance and repairs contract or just an exchange of letters. What is best for the client?"
- The evaluation of executive coaching effectiveness: theory, research and critical issues
- 1184: Farming poverty
- 814: Feeding Britain – beef and sheep meat
- 1591: Farm performance factors
- A longitudinal study examining the relationship between customer behaviour change and positive and negative brand beliefs
- Health and Safety Casebook
- 919: Sustainable intensification of global agriculture
- The importance of farm business records
Subcategories within Business
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.