The OpenFields library holds resources which may help rural business professionals to address rural-sector business issues such as:
- Business startup- validating, assessing and developing ideas or business concepts and their commercial potential; investigating options for funding.
- Co-operation- cooperatives, collaboratives and the principles of working collectively.
- Marketing and productivity - identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer requirements profitably.
- Economics and finance - responsibility for the economic and financial well-being of a company involves knowledge of the theoretical and applied aspects of business economics, corporate finance, and financial risk management, at least with a UK perspective, and possibly European or international.
In the case of rural business enterprises, many of these issues are exacerbated by some aspect of the rural location, operation or delivery.
OpenFields brings together authoritative information on business topics, from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Business category
- Innovation in Food Networks and Organizational Diversity: A Case Study from the UK Retail Cooperative Sector
- Innovative practice in work-based learning – fresh produce supply chain management development in the UK.
- Recent Advancements in European Employment Law: Towards a Transformative Legal Formula for Preventing Workplace Ageism
- The National Rural Knowledge Exchange: Can our colleges help fill ‘the ADAS Gap’??
- 899: A sustainable Post Office
- Employing someone for the first time – what you need to know
- Chinese food marketing (Guest editorial ISSN 007-070 X)
- Exploring SME advice and training needs for entrepreneurial rural firms
- Risk management for the farm business: treatment of risk
- Capital allowances in the taxation of rural business
Subcategories within Business
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.