The OpenFields library holds resources which may help rural business professionals to address rural-sector business issues such as:
- Business startup- validating, assessing and developing ideas or business concepts and their commercial potential; investigating options for funding.
- Co-operation- cooperatives, collaboratives and the principles of working collectively.
- Marketing and productivity - identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer requirements profitably.
- Economics and finance - responsibility for the economic and financial well-being of a company involves knowledge of the theoretical and applied aspects of business economics, corporate finance, and financial risk management, at least with a UK perspective, and possibly European or international.
In the case of rural business enterprises, many of these issues are exacerbated by some aspect of the rural location, operation or delivery.
OpenFields brings together authoritative information on business topics, from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Business category
- The new role of the new entrant
- Boards of Directors and Gender Diversity in UK Companies
- 1354: Defra Food and Farming Brief
- The characteristics of businesses using rural buildings and the sustainability of such development in relation to location and traffic movement
- 779: Working in 21st Century Rural England
- 1137: Defra Farming and Food Brief, September 2010
- 1551: Milk Prices
- 1080: Recovery and growth in rural England
- Landbridge Workshop: Setting an agenda for rural inter-professional working and exchange.
- 913: Succession planning
- 919: Sustainable intensification of global agriculture
Subcategories within Business
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.