Review. Building the Evidence Base: Potatoes a Low Impact Food Crop?
A report which considers how production compares with other food crops grown in Great Britain in terms of water use, land use, pollution, carbon / energy use, biodiversity and waste.
Year of Publication2011
This report drew on published international and UK research studies as well reports produced by government and non-government organisations (including Potato Council and commercial groups) organisations and expert opinion. These sources of information were brought together to present a consensus view of the impact on the environment of potatoes grown in the UK and steps being taken to minimise or mitigate these effects. The report also considers the social impacts of potato production.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Wastes management & pollution control
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Climate change
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops > Potatoes
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.