Pest and disease control
The Openfields library contains resources about crop protection measures, plant disease identification, control methods, and field monitoring techniques. Measures that balance the economic production of crops with the needs of a sustainable environment are often described as Integrated Pest Management (IPM). Crop protection strategies can draw upon a range of practices for both agro-chemical and biological control of pests and diseases.
A sample of Items held in the Pest and disease control category
- Pepper weevil (Anthonomus eugenii)
- Banded-winged whitefly (Trialeurodes abutiloneus)
- Identification of Colorado beetle (Leptinotarsa decemlineata) and insects frequently mistaken for it
- Overcoming Market and Technical Obstacles to Alternative Pest Management in Arable Systems
- 947: Alternative Pest Management
- Degradation of the nematicide oxamyl underfield and laboratory conditions
- Effects of mixed-isolate mycorrhizal inoculum on the potato-potato cyst nematode interaction
- 4: Secrets of potato blight evolution could help farmers fight back
- Disease complexes involving plant parasitic nematodes and soil-borne pathogens.
- Effects of foliar sprays of azoxystrobin on take-all in wheat
There are currently no subcategories in the Pest and disease control section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.