Report on the potential of on-farm biofuel production
A study of the energy flows of European farms.
Year of Publication2009
The energy flows of European farms were studied in this paper. The energy balance of two crops that can offer edible oil or oil for energy production was presented. The rape seed is one crop most adapted to the North of Europe and sunflower for the South. The energy balance showed that the energy consumption for production is generally lower than the energy output giving a positive net energy a prerequisite to use them for energy production.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Equipment
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops > Oilseeds
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy > Biomass & biofuel
- Subject Collection > Greenhouse Gas > Fossil Fuel Substitution
Additional keywords/tagsffd6 1rapeseedsunflower
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.