Integrated crop protection in short rotation coppice willow production - NF0406
A report on research to provide the scientific foundation for an integrated, non-chemical strategy of disease and pest management, and associated best practice protocols, in UK renewable energy willow production.
Year of Publication2001
The research programme addressed the genetic basis of variation in rust pathogen populations, factors influencing the severity of beetle attacks, mechanisms by which mixed clonal plantings suppress rust and beetles and the potential for deploying aggressive strains of the biological control agent of rust in clonal mixtures.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops > Industrial crops
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops > Pest & disease control
- Subject Collection > Renewable energy > Biomass & biofuel
Additional keywords/tagsenergy cropsrc
The UK government department responsible for policy and regulations on the environment, food and rural affairs.Website
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.