The OpenFields library holds resources about industrial crops, which are those grown to produce goods to be used in the production sector, (rather than food for consumption,) or whose biomass is used to produce energy. Such goods typically include oil, gum and resins, sweeteners, beverages, food additives, fibre, medicine and pharmaceutical product ingredients. Energy may be derived directly from the crop biomass or from an energy-rich derivative.
A sample of Items held in the Industrial crops category
- 19. Companion planting with OSR shows great potential
- Improving water use efficiency and drought tolerance in UK winter wheats (Summary).
- 5. High oleic hemp could be low input OSR alternative
- Case Study No. 12: Climate change series; Focus on green willow for renewable energy
- 1381: Miscanthus breeding
- Short Rotation Coppice: an introduction
- NNFCC Crop Fact Sheet: Borage (Borago officinalis)
- 950: Environmental impacts - biomass
There are currently no subcategories in the Industrial crops section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.