The OpenFields library holds resources about industrial crops, which are those grown to produce goods to be used in the production sector, (rather than food for consumption,) or whose biomass is used to produce energy. Such goods typically include oil, gum and resins, sweeteners, beverages, food additives, fibre, medicine and pharmaceutical product ingredients. Energy may be derived directly from the crop biomass or from an energy-rich derivative.
A sample of Items held in the Industrial crops category
- Bio-energy: Jargon Buster - Units
- NNFCC Renewable Fuels and Energy Factsheet: Anaerobic Digestion
- 1722: Bio-refining grass
- Naked Oats
- 950: Environmental impacts - biomass
- NNFCC Crop Fact Sheet: Short Rotation Coppice (SRC) Willow
- NNFCC Briefing. The changing face of the planet: The role of bioenergy, biofuels and bio-based products in global land use change
- Environmental Assessment Tool For Biomaterials - NF0614
- Aromatic plant production on metal-contaminated soils
There are currently no subcategories in the Industrial crops section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.