The OpenFields library holds resources about industrial crops, which are those grown to produce goods to be used in the production sector, (rather than food for consumption,) or whose biomass is used to produce energy. Such goods typically include oil, gum and resins, sweeteners, beverages, food additives, fibre, medicine and pharmaceutical product ingredients. Energy may be derived directly from the crop biomass or from an energy-rich derivative.
A sample of Items held in the Industrial crops category
- NNFCC Crop Fact Sheet: Short Rotation Coppice (SRC) Willow
- Distribution of spray applied to a cereal crop and the effect of application parameters on penetration (Summary).
- NNFCC Factsheet: What Plant Oils are used for?
- Biomass as a fuel
- Integrated crop protection in short rotation coppice willow production - NF0406
- 5. High oleic hemp could be low input OSR alternative
- Naked Oats
- 18. Comparative Life Cycle Assessment of anaerobic digestion and other bioenergy options
- 1313: New uses for grass
- 1381: Miscanthus breeding
There are currently no subcategories in the Industrial crops section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.