The OpenFields library holds resources about industrial crops, which are those grown to produce goods to be used in the production sector, (rather than food for consumption,) or whose biomass is used to produce energy. Such goods typically include oil, gum and resins, sweeteners, beverages, food additives, fibre, medicine and pharmaceutical product ingredients. Energy may be derived directly from the crop biomass or from an energy-rich derivative.
A sample of Items held in the Industrial crops category
- NNFCC Crop Fact Sheet: Macroalgae
- Assessing the social, environmental and economic impacts of increasing rural land use under energy crops
- An Introduction to Miscanthus
- 46. Producing more oil from seeds, the synthetic biology way
- Bridport TLC - Biodiesel Producer
- NNFCC Briefing. The changing face of the planet: The role of bioenergy, biofuels and bio-based products in global land use change
- Managing uncropped land in order to enhance biodiversity benefits of the arable farmed landscape: The Farm4bio (Summary).
- Naked Oats
- Economics of Miscanthus and SRC production
There are currently no subcategories in the Industrial crops section.
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.