Focus on arable crops
Factsheet 10 describes the opportunities and challenges presented to arable farmers by climate change and suggests measures of adaptation and mitigation.
Year of Publication2010
A summary of the on-farm measures to both reduce Greenhous Gas (GHG) emissions and adapt to inevitable climatic changes - having multiple financial and environmental benefits such as optimising inputs, increasing yields, reducing soil erosion and increasing profitability.Specific action points and numerous cross references to other sources of information are provided.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Climate change
- Subject Collection > Environmental impact > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops > Pest & disease control
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy
Additional keywords/tagsfood 2030nitrous oxideenergyenergy cropsprecision farmingsoil managementnutrient managementpestscalm calculatorcampaign for the farmed environmentbiofuelsbiomassdiseasescatchment sensitive farming
Providing inspiration and information on how to prepare your business for the impacts, opportunities, risks and responsibilities that climate change brings.Website
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.