Focus on arable crops
Factsheet 10 describes the opportunities and challenges presented to arable farmers by climate change and suggests measures of adaptation and mitigation.
Year of Publication2010
A summary of the on-farm measures to both reduce Greenhous Gas (GHG) emissions and adapt to inevitable climatic changes - having multiple financial and environmental benefits such as optimising inputs, increasing yields, reducing soil erosion and increasing profitability.Specific action points and numerous cross references to other sources of information are provided.
This item is categorised as follows
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Climate change
- Subject Collection > Climate, ecology & environment > Managing land for environmental benefit
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops
- Subject Collection > Arable & industrial crops > Pest & disease control
- Subject Collection > Livestock & dairy
Additional keywords/tagsbiofuelssoil managementprecision farmingpestsnitrous oxidefood 2030energy cropsnutrient managementdiseasescatchment sensitive farmingcampaign for the farmed environmentcalm calculatorbiomassenergy
This is a brief summary of an item in the OpenFields Library. This free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.