Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- A review of the tractive performance of wheeled tractors and soil management in lowland intensive rice production.
- Managing moorland... for bumblebees
- 2072: New techniques for genetic crop improvement
- The creation of small woodlands on farms
- 942: Andersons Agribrief - November 09
- 105. Biological nitrification inhibition - getting crop plants to use soil N more effectively
- Assessing the benefits of using foliar N on oilseed rape - a summary
- 149. The Seven ways to save our soils
- Environmental Assessment Tool For Biomaterials - NF0614
- 1232: Plant conservation for food security
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.