Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- 47. A pest management toolbox to reduce pesticide use
- Is wildlife conservation compatible with arable farming? Evaluating the options for sustainable agriculture.
- Wheat Bug (Nysius huttoni)
- Tackling farm crime: farmer decision-making on crime prevention
- 1019: Structure of the Industry
- 2169: A potato made with gene editing
- Field Margins
- Farmers' Guide to Growing Renewables in the South East: Building Non-Food Crops, Products or Technologies into your Farm Business
- 1519: Pesticide statistics
- Analysis of External Drivers
- A typology of PF-technologies suitable for farms in the EU nations
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.