Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- Energy efficiency and energy generation on farm - a guide
- 10. Do you need to check the sulphur status of your grassland?
- Karnal bunt
- Optimising the N rate and timing for semi-dwarf oilseed rape
- Easy guide: 898: Why farming matters more than ever – the challenge
- Controlling pests in potatoes using brassica cover crops?
- Direct and indirect energy audit in arable crop production and mitigation possibilities
- Managing active mineral sites... for bumblebees
- Soil sensors for nitrogen availability
- Focus on arable crops
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.