Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- Is wildlife conservation compatible with arable farming? Evaluating the options for sustainable agriculture.
- Major Pests, Diseases and Weeds of Cereal Crops
- The creation of small woodlands on farms
- A typology of PF-technologies suitable for farms in the EU nations
- 079: GM research reports
- Red-necked Longhorn (Aromia bungii)
- The current status of soil and water management in England
- Managing uncropped land in order to enhance biodiversity benefits of the arable farmed landscape: The Farm4bio (Summary).
- Permanent Grassland
- 962: Strategy for Food Research and Innovation
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.