Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- Plant disease risk, management and policy formulation
- 1668: Farming’s value to society
- Managing soil biota to deliver ecosystem services Annex A – Case study one: Mixed farm range of livestock enterprises and arable cropping
- Compliance to standards specifications
- 080: Genetically Modified Crops - Results of Farm Scale Evaluations
- Metabolizable energy in different shea nut (Vitellaria paradoxa) meal samples for broiler chickens
- Establishment of a long term experiment into tillage and traffic management. Part One: study background and experimental design
- “From polarisation to blur…” Rural estates are stepping up to define 21st century land management
- 8 key tips to protect you and your business against illegal pesticides
- 942: Andersons Agribrief - November 09
- 963: Food Research – public funders, research councils and other bodies
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.