Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- Short-term effect of deep shade and enhanced nitrogen supply on Sphagnum capillifolium morphophysiology
- White peach scale (Pseudaulacaspis pentagona)
- Growing Media
- Genetic Reduction of Energy use and Emissions of Nitrogen through cereal production: GREEN grain
- 890: Transition Farms – after fossils fuels run out
- 48. Neonicotinoids barely found in pollen of seed-treated plants
- Analysis of External Drivers
- 08. Catchment partnerships –better planning for our rivers and landscapes
- 1005:Food Security: The Challenge of Feeding 9 Billion People
- Soil sensors for nitrogen availability
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.