Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- Improving water use efficiency and drought tolerance in UK winter wheats.
- 13. The benefits of managing pollinators for crop production
- 48. Neonicotinoids barely found in pollen of seed-treated plants
- Plant disease risk, management and policy formulation
- Easy guide 893: Why farming matters more than ever – the economics
- 86. Pollination: let's hear it for flies
- Phyllosphere microbiology with special reference to diversity and plant genotype
- 114. Improving pre-emergence herbicide efficacy
- Briefing 1063: Climate change - arable crops
- Gap Analysis on the Future Requirements of Soil and Water Management in England
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.