Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- Red palm weevil (Rhynchophorus ferrugineus)
- 51. Moving beyond the GM debate
- Improving water use efficiency and drought tolerance in UK winter wheats (Summary).
- Profiting from Precision technology
- Easy guide 902: Why farming matters more than ever – environmental improvement
- 1180: Robotics
- Managing moorland... for bumblebees
- Report on cost structure and economic profitability of selected precision farming systems
- 96. Orson's Oracle asks - is Roundup causing cancer?
- 1019: Structure of the Industry
- Integrated crop protection in short rotation coppice willow production - NF0406
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.