Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- 2130: Digital cropping
- Preliminary work on the compression behaviour of canola straw to high density products
- 583: How will we grow our crops in the future?
- Irrigation uniformity: its importance and assessment
- The Effect of Axle Load and Tyre Inflation Pressure on the Tractive Performance of a Two Wheel Drive Tractor on Soft Clay Paddy Field
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions from agriculture: meeting the challenges of food security and climate change - Welcome by Professor Sir David Read FRS
- 1248: Plant Science
- Double haploids, markers and QTL analysis in vegetable brassicas
- 2051: Precision farming – the wider picture
- 2169: A potato made with gene editing
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.