Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- Managing soil biota to deliver ecosystem services Annex A – Case study one: Mixed farm range of livestock enterprises and arable cropping
- Growing Media
- An Introduction to Pig Keeping
- Factsheet 1. Efficient Milk Production - Greenhouse gases and their effect on our climate
- 818: Farm profitability, efficiency & investment
- RMP/5142 Analysis of Policy Instruments for Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Agriculture, Forestry and Land Management
- Improving water use efficiency and drought tolerance in UK winter wheats (Summary).
- 1367: Farm practices survey 1
- 54. The fine tuning of flowering time
- 962: Strategy for Food Research and Innovation
- 1005:Food Security: The Challenge of Feeding 9 Billion People
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.