Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- Farmers' Guide to Growing Renewables in the South East: Building Non-Food Crops, Products or Technologies into your Farm Business
- Briefing 1978: Nitrogen and plants
- Global Food Security Strategic Plan 2011-2016
- Lettuce QTL analysis and breeding for reduced nitrate
- Nitrogen balance over 7 years on a mixed farm in the Cotswolds
- 1495: No-till
- Rheoli dolydd blodau gwyllt… ar gyfer cacwn (Managing wildflower meadows… for bumblebees)
- Final report and documentation specifications of FMIS
- 85. Organic farming not a clear winner in the soil microbial biodiversity stakes
- 1017: The story of phosphorus
- Briefing 1063: Climate change - arable crops
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.