Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- Opportunities for Reducing Water use in Agriculture (Defra Project WU0101)
- 1468: Honeybees happily buzz around Bt-maize
- 963: Food Research – public funders, research councils and other bodies
- Warm Water Fish Production as a Diversification Strategy for Arable Farmers
- Irrigation uniformity: its importance and assessment
- Assessing the nutrient content of cereal straw
- 1235: Biosystems Engineering
- The effect of freezing temperatures on Fusarium seedling blight of winter wheat from a mixture of seed-borne Microdochium majus and Microdochium nivale infection
- 2051: Precision farming – the wider picture
- 80. Insecticide-based brassica seed treatment to help protect against Turnip yellows virus
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.