Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- Crop Wild Relatives: Plant conservation for food security
- Farmers' Guide to Growing Renewables in the South East: Building Non-Food Crops, Products or Technologies into your Farm Business
- Economics of Miscanthus and SRC production
- Calculating field-specific Crop N Requirement
- 820: Feeding Britain - the global food context
- Setting the standards in crop nutrition – sound, up-to-date advice
- 8 key tips to protect you and your business against illegal pesticides
- Socioeconomic impact of widespread adoption of precision farming and controlled traffic systems.
- 2027: Plants have a memory of pests that spans generations
- 972: The City Food Lecture
- Focus on: soil management
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.