Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- Karnal bunt
- 56. Genetics and genomics of reproductive performance in dairy and beef cattle
- 8 key tips to protect you and your business against illegal pesticides
- Overcoming Market and Technical Obstacles to Alternative Pest Management in Arable Systems
- Focus on olives
- Managing hedges and edges… for bumblebees
- Growth performance of broiler chickens fed diets containing shea nut (Vitellaria paradoxa, Gaertn.) meal fermented with Aspergillus niger
- 85. Organic farming not a clear winner in the soil microbial biodiversity stakes
- Focus on arable crops
- Opportunities for Reducing Water use in Agriculture (Defra Project WU0101)
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.