Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- Ecosystem services from Environmental Stewardship that benefit agricultural production
- 1737: AgriChatUK - "Decertification: has organic agriculture lost its appeal?" discussion 18/04/13
- An Introduction to Miscanthus
- Calculating field-specific Crop N Requirement
- 820: Feeding Britain - the global food context
- Precision Farming Solution Case Study No. 8: In-field Accuracy
- Report on initial costs structure and factor productivity - Potential savings/benefits from better precision farming and information management
- 60. Grazing behaviour of suckler cows affects predicted methane emissions
- 972: The City Food Lecture
- Focus on: soil management
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.