Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- Potato flea beetles (Epitrix species)
- 1981 GM crops increase profits and environmental sustainability
- Distribution of spray applied to a cereal crop and the effect of application parameters on penetration (Summary).
- Briefing 1509: Farming and Food brief – April 2012
- 904: Impact of Vision for CAP on UK Agriculture
- East Reservoir Community Garden
- Environmental impact with environmental indicators - with precision farming and controlled traffic systems
- 2149: Peak food? Can food tech supercharge crop yields and address global food security?
- Interactions between the potato cyst nematode Globodera rostochiensis and diseases caused by Rhizoctonia solani AG3 in potatoes under field conditions
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.