Arable and industrial crops
The OpenFields library holds resources about crops for fuel, food, feed and fibre. This is often termed agronomy, the science and technology of arable and industrial crops.
- Cereal crops varieties, cultivation, diseases and post-harvest management
- Industrial crops crops for energy, fibre and other industrial uses
- Oilseeds cultivation, canopy management, harvest methods, diseases and post-harvest management
- Peas and beans field production, varieties, diseases, harvest methods and post-harvest management
- Potatoes - varieties, diseases and post-harvest management
- Sugar beet fodder crop, sugar production, diseases and post-harvest management
- Pest and disease control herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, organic methods
- Organic crop management rotation, fertility building, beneficial predators
- Nutrition and fertiliser inorganic and organic fertilisers, fertility building
OpenFields brings together authoritative agronomy information from universities, colleges and the industry.
A sample of Items held in the Arable and industrial crops category
- Karnal bunt
- 55. Root growth regulation could help boost crop performance
- Precision Farming Solution Case Study No. 8: In-field Accuracy
- Implications of a Nutrition Driven Food Policy for the Countryside
- Focus on olives
- Overcoming Market and Technical Obstacles to Alternative Pest Management in Arable Systems
- Grassland restoration and creation… for bumblebees
- Growth performance of broiler chickens fed diets containing shea nut (Vitellaria paradoxa, Gaertn.) meal fermented with Aspergillus niger
- 84. Mixed grazing systems benefit both upland biodiversity and livestock production
- 1049: Conservation tillage
- Opportunities for Reducing Water use in Agriculture (Defra Project WU0101)
Subcategories within Arable and industrial crops
Where Am I?
The OpenFields Library is a free online library contains items of interest to practitioners and researchers in the agricultural and landbased industries.